Don’t Miss Your Chance To Meet The Budweiser Clydesdales This Weekend
Subscribe to KATP on
The world-famous Budweiser Clydesdale Hitch Team returns to Amarillo this week to celebrate the WRCA Ranch Rodeo at the Civic Center. You’ve seen them on Bud commercials during the Super Bowl and throughout the holidays, but if you’ve never seen them in person, you have to find time! Not only are the horses themselves huge, but the whole presentation is an amazing sight. First introduced in 1933, after the repeal of Prohibition, the Clydesdales have served as living symbols of not just Budweiser, but also the unconquerable American spirit.
While they are in town this week, the Clydesdales will be stabled in the north exhibit hall at the Amarillo Civic Center as well as making stops along Historic Route 66 and performing during the Ranch Rodeo. Although there is a ticket needed for the Rodeo portion of the weekend, the stables are free and open to the public for visits.
Here is the complete schedule of appearances and performances for the week:
- Wednesday, November 8th – starting at 3pm, the full hitch team will be making deliveries at bars along 6th Street downtown.
- Thursday, November 9th – North Exhibit Hall stables 1pm-8pm, then full hitch team performance in the Civic Center Coliseum at 8pm.
- Friday, November 10th – North Exhibit Hall stables 9am-8pm, then full hitch team performance in the Civic Center Coliseum at 8pm.
- Saturday, November 11th – North Exhibit Hall stables 9am-8pm, then full hitch team performance in the Civic Center Coliseum at 8pm.
- Sunday, November 12th – North Exhibit Hall stables 11am-4pm, then full hitch team performance in the Civic Center Coliseum at 4pm.
Don’t forget about the huge WRCA Trade Show going on all weekend during the rodeo at the Civic Center Complex!