How To Make Delicious Pumpkin Bars [RECIPE]
As much as we hate to admit it, Thanksgiving will be here before we know it. Pumpkin pie is a must every Thanksgiving. But I like to change it up. Maybe a pumpkin cheesecake or pumpkin pudding. Well, this year I found a delicious recipe for pumpkin bars.
This recipe isn’t only simple, but it will be the hit of the dessert table. It changes up the tradition a little but brings a new one to the table.
Here’s what you need:
- 4 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Now, you will have to preheat the oven to 350°F. Mix at medium speed, the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
Next, add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth. Now, spread the batter into a greased 13 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes and let it cool completely.
For the icing, you’ll need:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
First, mix the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl until smooth. Then, add the sugar and mix on low until well combined. Now, stir in the vanilla and mix well.