More Traffic Woes, I-40W at Pullman Road Closes This Week
Starting this week look for I-40 West to be backed up as demolition starts on the Pullman Bridge, plus overlay work continues on I-40.
- Left lanes of Interstate 27 will be closed in both directions from Western Street to Rockwell Road for fog seal operations.
- Expect various lane closures in both directions on FM 1541 (Washington Street) for mill and fill Watch for mowers and weed eaters on Interstate 40 from Hope Road west to the Oldham County line.
- Overlay work on Interstate 40 westbound is expected to be complete by Wednesday, Sept. 19 with mobile overlay operations switching to the eastbound lanes, starting at Soncy and continuing to Washington Street.
- Starting Friday, Sept. 21, Pullman Road, under I-40 will be closed for demolition of the north (westbound) bridge of I-40.
- This work is expected to take about two weeks.
-There will be a signed detour for this area.
- The I-40 westbound entrance ramp at Pullman Road is closed for reconstruction.
- The I-40 westbound exit ramp at Pullman Road will remain open at this time.
- Traffic will be in this pattern for about seven months.
TxDOT has started a year long program called Be Safe. Drive Smart, a public education and awareness effort aimed at saving lives and reducing crashes. The goal is to make drivers aware of their own unsafe driving habits. How a driver behaves and reacts behind the wheel can be the difference between a safe journey and a deadly crash. So always pay attention to your driving, and slow down in work zones.