Rules & Regulations
KMXJ-FM, KATP-FM and KXSS-FM
NEW CAR GIVEAWAY CONTEST
1. CONTEST. The Sponsor of the New Car Giveaway Contest (the “Contest”) will give away one 2011 Honda Civic automobile (the “Grand Prize”) according to the terms and conditions of these rules. The Contest will run from March 1, 2011 to April 30, 2011. Radio broadcast stations KMXJ-FM, KATP-FM and KXSS-FM are owned by Townsquare Media Amarillo, LLC and are referred to in these rules as the “Stations”.
2. SPONSOR. The Contest is sponsored by Townsquare Media Amarillo, LLC (the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. Except as set forth below, all individuals that are, as of March 1, 2010, residents of the State of Texas over the age of 18, and have a valid Texas driver’s license, are eligible to participate in the Contest. The Sponsor, and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and divisions, participating promotional partners, and each of their respective employees and immediate family members are ineligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Each individual that participates in the Contest agrees to be subject to and abide by these rules. Any deviation from these rules on the part of any participant will render that contestant ineligible. All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
4. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN; VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
5. HOW TO ENTER. Only eligible individuals that qualify for a chance to win will have a chance to participate in the Grand Prize Drawing and win. To qualify for a chance to win, an eligible individual must complete a registration form provided by the Sponsor at a designated “key giveaway remote” (herein so called) and deposit such completed registration form in the designated receptacle at that key giveaway remote. Key giveaway remotes will be held between March 1, 2011 and April 30, 2011 in and around Amarillo, Texas. The specific time and location of each key giveaway remote will be broadcast, from time to time, on one or more of the Stations.
At each key giveaway remote, an employee or agent of the participating Station will randomly draw from the completed registrations properly submitted at such remote up to two registration forms. If the individual whose registration was so drawn is present, that individual will be qualified to participate in the Grand Prize Drawing (herein so called). Such individual is referred to as a “Qualified Individual”. If the individual whose registration was so selected is not present when the registration is drawn, then that registration will be removed from the drawing and another registration will be drawn. This process will be followed until the registration of an individual present is drawn. There will not be more than 50 Qualified Individuals selected to participate in the Grand Prize Drawing.
On April 30, 2011, on our about 2:00 pm, at Southwest Honda, 4200 S. Georgia, Amarillo, Texas 79110, the Grand Prize Drawing will be held. Each Qualified Individual that wants to participate in the Grand Prize Drawing must arrive and check in with the Sponsor no later than 1:15 p.m. with his or her current Texas drivers license (each Qualified Individual that has properly signed in at the Grand Prize Drawing is referred to as a “Final Contestant”). Any Qualified Individual that fails to check in by 1:15 p.m., or any Qualified Individual deemed ineligible, will be disqualified and not allowed to participate in the Grand Prize Drawing. The order in which the Final Contestants signed in with the Sponsor at the Grand Prize Drawing will be the same order that such Final Contestants will, one at a time, choose a key from a receptacle in which one key (including the winning key) will be placed for each Final Contestant. Once all Final Contestants have drawn one key (a “Contest Key”), in the same order as the drawing of the keys, each Final Contestant will use his or her Contest Key to try and unlock the steering of the Grand Prize. The Final Contestant that unlocks the steering of the Grand Prize with his or her Contest Key will be the winner and the Contest will end. If the winner is later disqualified, the Sponsor will randomly draw a new winner from the other Final Contestants and such new winner will be notified in writing.
6. PRIZE INFORMATION. Only one prize, the Grand Prize, will be awarded. The Grand Prize has an estimated value of $18,106 based on M.S.R.P. Only one Contest Key will start the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize must be claimed no later than May 1, 2011. If the Grand Prize is not claimed by May 1, 2011, the winner will be disqualified. The odds of winning depend on the number of participants. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitutes any prize for cash or other similarly-valued consideration. Notwithstanding the foregoing to the contrary, the winner may elect, in writing, to take a cash prize of $8,000 in lieu of the Grand Prize, but such cash prize will in all cases to the same conditions, limitations and restrictions applicable to the Grand Prize.
7. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and incidental fees related to any Contest prize. Any Contest prize is non-transferable and not assignable. The winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and certain tax forms, and provide such other information as may be required to own or operate the Grand Prize within the State of Texas, prior to claiming the Grand Prize. By entering the Contest, each participant consents without limitation and without receiving additional compensation, to the use of his or her name, voice, photograph, and/or likeness by Sponsor and its respective affiliates and promotional partners for advertising and promotional purposes, including, without limitation, on radio broadcast stations or on the internet. Failure to make promotional appearances requested by Sponsor or grant such rights as reasonably requested by Sponsor may result in disqualification.
8. RULES; WINNERS LIST. Copies of these rules and identification of the winner are available between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., local time, at 6214 W. 34th Avenue, Amarillo, Texas 79109 or will be provided to you if you send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, that identifies the Contest, to the same address. The winner will be identified on the Stations after the winner has been awarded the Grand Prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these rules, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or for any other reason deemed reasonable by Sponsor. If after the Contest has begun changes or updates in these rules are deemed necessary by Sponsor, all changes will be announced on the Stations on the day that the change takes effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these rules at any time as it determines necessary in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest if fraud, misconduct or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest, or for any other reason deemed reasonable by Sponsor.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. All participants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all of its respective affiliated companies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, legal counsel, and/or participating promotional partners from all losses, damages, penalties, claims, actions, suits, costs, and expenses of any kind whatsoever and any property damage, personal injury, or death to any participant or third person caused by or arising out of or in connection with participation in the Contest or with the use of any prize awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest or the equipment used in its administration.
11. DISPUTES. As a condition to participating in the Contest, participants agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in Dallas, Texas having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of Texas without regard for the doctrines of Conflict of Law. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and each hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or attorneys’ fees.