What You Need To Know About the Shooting Yesterday
Yesterday, news broke about a mass shooting that took place in San Bernardino, California. The story was updated several times as more developments were released, so if you missed anything, here's what you need to know.
- The suspects were husband and wife.
- They opened fire at a facility for people with developmental disabilities during a holiday party.
- The police believe the male suspect attended the holiday party as guest. Then he left, came back with his female counterpart, and began the attack.
- 14 people were killed and at least 17 were wounded.
- The suspects were killed in a shootout with the police.
- During the shootout, a third person fled the scene and was apprehended.
- They have not released information regarding whether this person was involved.
- Motive has not been determined.
- This is the deadliest shooting since Sandy Hook.
Our prayers are with everyone who was killed, hurt, or affected by this tragic event.