The Ross Bridge Starts Next Phase and Other Lane Closures
New phase begins on the Ross Street Bridge and Arthur project this week and other lane closures for routine maintenance.
Please be aware of the following closures and be prepared to get ready to take alternate routes or expect a slow down in your commute.
- Switching of traffic signal poles was cancelled this week due to rain and is now rescheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 17. Crews will be removing old traffic signals and installing new temporary traffic signals as bridge reconstruction continues at Ross Street and Interstate 40. This work will take place throughout the day and drivers should anticipate flashing red signals and flagging operations to help direct traffic. Please slow down in this area and expect to stop while this switch takes place.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17 starting at 8 p.m. the eastbound main lanes of I-40 will begin to be switched from Arthur Street to Nelson Street. This will include reducing the eastbound main lanes down to one lane from Arthur Street until Nelson Street, as well as temporarily shutting down the I-40 eastbound Ross Street exit ramp until the switch is complete. Please be mindful of the crews working in this area and slow down.
- Ross Street will be closed under I-40 from Thursday, Oct. 18 to Friday, Oct. 26 for bridge demolition.
- Arthur Street will be closed under I-40 from Friday, Oct. 26 to Monday, Nov. 5 for bridge demolition.
Routine Maintenance Scheduled
- Watch for various lane closures as crews are fog sealing FM 1541 from 58th Avenue to State Loop (SL) 335 in both directions.
- Expect various lane closures on I-40 in both directions from Pullman Road to Bell Street for patching repairs.
And as always slow down in work zones.