Amarillo Road Construction: Know Before You Go This Week
Even while the Amarillo area continues to be "All In," we still have to get out and about around town. Yes, that also means that roadwork continues throughout the Texas panhandle. Each week, TxDOT releases a list of projects and areas to avoid. Here is this week's list of proposed roadwork projects:
- Monday through Wednesday, April 20 – 22, FM 293 will be closed in both directions for seal coat operations. All traffic will be detoured to FM 245.
- On Tuesday, April 21, Pullman Road will be closed between the frontage roads at I-40 from 4 a.m. to approximately 4 p.m. for bridge deck placement. Detour signs will be in place for Pullman Road traffic. The right lane of I-40 eastbound will be closed during that same time frame from Airport Boulevard to just past the Pullman Road bridge.
- The right lane of I-40 westbound will be closed at Soncy Road for erosion control.
- On I-27, various lanes will be closed in both directions from Bell Street to 26th Avenue for patching repairs.
- On US 87 southbound, the left and center lanes will be closed at 15th Avenue for bridge deck repair.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.