Avoid Road Construction Delays Around The Amarillo Area
Each week, the Texas Department of Transportation releases their list of upcoming projects for the week ahead. TxDOT wants to make sure you know which areas to avoid ahead of time in order to skip the construction headaches around our region.
For the week of 10/11 to 10/17, TxDOT has the following projects on their list:
- On Monday, Oct. 12, the following locations will be closed for sign installation:
- The northbound exit to SH 136 from State Loop (SL) 335.
- The westbound exit to FM 1912 from US 60.
- The right lane of SH 136 southbound from mile markers 98 to 100.
- On Tuesday, Oct. 13, the left lane of SL 335 westbound and the right lane of SL 335 eastbound will be closed between Eastern Street and Northside Drive while crews clean culverts.
- On Wednesday, Oct. 14, the shoulder of SH 136 will be closed at Stinnett Road for repair work in the intersection. Stinnett Road will also be closed.
- Various lanes of US 87 southbound will be closed from St. Francis Avenue to 15th Avenue for bridge deck repair.
- Expect left lane closures on I-27 from 45th Avenue to 26th Avenue for median repair and drainage work.
- Watch for mowers and weed eaters along the I-27 and I-40 corridors in the Amarillo city limits.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.