Lane Closures Coming For This Week in Amarillo
It's the first full week back to work and school for most in Amarillo, and that also means the first full week back to road construction around the area. Here is the list of areas seeing the most road work this week from the Texas Department of Transportation:
- The right lane of I-40 eastbound is closed from Whitaker Rd. to Lakeside Dr. through at least Monday, Jan. 6, until repairs can be made to the roadway. This will impact travel, particularly for the Monday morning commute. Motorists are encouraged to find alternate routes.
- On I-27, the left lanes will be closed in both directions from Moss Street to 26th Avenue for guardrail repair in the center median.
- On I-27 northbound, the right lane will be closed from Georgia Street to the downtown interchange for patching and guardrail repair.
- Watch for various lane closures in and around the downtown interchange for erosion control.
- Monday, Jan. 6, watch for various lane closures on FM 1912 northbound from US 60 to the Tyson truck entrance for patching repairs.
- Tuesday, Jan. 7, watch for various lane closures on RM 1061 southbound from Old Muddy Road to Murray Lane for patching repairs.
- Wednesday, Jan. 8, watch for various lane closures on SL 335 in both directions from Hester Road to FM 1719 (Western Street) for core drilling between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Beginning Wednesday, Jan. 8, I-40 will be reduced to one lane in both directions between Eastern Street and the I-40/US 287 split from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for pothole patching. Repairs could take up to two days to complete and there could be some travel delays in this area. Motorists are encouraged to find alternate routes.
- Thursday, Jan. 9, watch for various lane closures on RM 1061 southbound from Old Muddy Road to Murray Lane for more patching repairs.
As always, all projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.