Roadwork Areas To Avoid This Week Around Amarillo
The Texas Department of Transportation crews will be out across town this week working on existing and brand new projects. Each week, TxDOT releases their list of planned projects to help us know what areas to avoid. Here are the hotspots around Amarillo this week.
- As work continues on installing median cable barrier, expect various inside lane and shoulder closures on US 87 between 24th Avenue and Cherry Street and on I-40 westbound from Pullman Road to Jackrabbit Road.
- Watch for various lane closures on I-27 in both directions from Bell Street to Washington Street for patching and fog seal operations.
- Various lanes will be closed on US 87 southbound and 15th Avenue for bridge deck repair.
- Keep a safe distance from mowers along Amarillo Boulevard and US 87.
- Watch for slow-moving operations on the right shoulders for herbicide application in the following areas:
- Amarillo Boulevard and US 87
- SL 335
- US 60
- US 287
- FM 293, eastbound and westbound, will be closed daily during normal work hours between SH 136 and FM 683 for edge repair and seal coat preparations. Traffic will be detoured to FM 245.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.