TXDOT Warns of More Lane Closures Around Amarillo This Week
The roadwork is never ending around Amarillo, and last week's wintry weather certainly didn't help things. TXDOT is warning residents to be careful for lane closures along Interstate 27 between 26th Avenue and 45th Avenue due to weather-related road repairs. Throughout the week, here are some of the other areas that will see road work projects:
- Lane closures on US 87 northbound at the 15th Avenue bridge for concrete repairs.
- Various lanes will be closed on Amarillo Boulevard from Hughes Street to Western Street for edge maintenance.
- Various lane closures along the I-40 and I-27 corridors as crews repair guardrails and cable barriers.
- The right lanes of the I-27 frontage roads will be closed in both directions from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily from Western Street to Georgia Street as construction of ADA-compliant sidewalks and ramps continues.
- Temporary ramp and frontage road lane closures may be necessary on I-40 westbound for overlay work.
- Hillside Road will be closed at Helium Road from Wednesday, Oct. 30 through Friday, Nov. 1 for installation of drainage pipes.
- FM 293 will be closed from SH 136 to FM 683 in both directions for road widening work. Traffic will be detoured to FM 245 while crews are working.
As always, all projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events. Follow TXDOT on Twitter for updates.