5 Reasons Why Everyone Eventually Moves Back To Amarillo
I have lived my entire life in Amarillo, Texas (except for a short stint in OK, came running back) and I've realized that as people grow up and older, their view on our fair city changes.
I remember as a kid thinking how I could not wait to get out of Amarillo. "There's nothing to do here!" is a phrase that I think everyone has uttered at one point or another. Many people leave Amarillo and then a few years later their back. I've seen this more times than I can count. It's like Amarillo is the black hole of the United States. You can get out, but it will always pull you back.
That being said, here's a list of the top 5 reasons why people come flocking back to the Amarillo area.
5. The weather (believe it or not).
4. School (College is cheap here).
3. Low Crime (It may not seem like it over the past year or so, but it's true).
2. Cost of living (You don't realize how cheap it is to live here until you leave).
1. Family (Many of us have family here, and it's a great place to raise a family).