Amarillo Be Ready Back to School Means Dreaded Fundraisers
I am not even against the school fundraisers. I know that the schools need them for various things. I used to bring the stuff up to work to have my friends buy from my daughter. I apologize for tor this. I really do.
I had a little motivation for needing to help my daughter's school. You see when she started kindergarten I wanted her in the Wolflin School District. I didn't live in the district. I had plans to some day. I didn't go the transfer route, I didn't know that was a thing. I used a friend's address. I had the electricity put in my name so I had a bill.
So what does this have to do with fundraising? Well if they ever found out I wanted them to say, "Heck, Faith is a great fundraiser and a great student, we can't kick her out." So yes, in the six years she went to Wolflin she was top-seller every year except one, where she finished second. Yes, we finally got a home in Wolflin and became legal but then we just had to continue until she moved to middle school.
So fundraising, as much as I know it has to be done. There are so many different ones. The bread braids I really love. Then there is the cookie dough, the color runs, the fun runs, oh, and don't forget just the catalogs of stuff for us to buy.
I saw one online that, I don't know if it is real or not, but Amarillo and Canyon School Districts should really get behind it. I mean really. I feel you will get plenty of parent participation and that is what it is all really about.
This goes for any fundraiser really.
How Many Parents Would Love This Fundraiser?
- $15 I don't want to bake so here is the money I would have paid for the brownie ingredients
- $25 I don't want to bother my friends and co-workers so here is money for the wrapping paper I would have bought.
- $50 I don't want to run, walk or take part in any "thon" so here is the money so I don't have to.
- $75 I don't want to attend any function. So here is the money I would have spent on an outfit.
- $100 I really don't want to do anything to help so here is money to just remove me and my child from any upcoming fundraisers.
I mean it was just a meme I saw somewhere on Facebook but it is pure genius. Admit it. It's brilliant. Would you get behind something like this?
Where the Kids Can Let Off Some Steam - Amarillo Parks
AmTech So Jealous of What They Have