More Road Closures And Detours- Downtown Amarillo
The City and its contractor would like to thank residents, businesses, and motorists in advance for their patience and understanding.
- Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 18, Pierce and Fillmore streets in downtown Amarillo will close between 5th and 7th avenues for profile mill and overlay operations.
- 6th Avenue between Pierce and Fillmore streets will also be closed.
Traffic in these areas will be impacted for approximately two weeks.
- Southbound traffic is advised to take Taylor Street while northbound traffic is advised to take Buchanan Street.
- Southbound traffic on Pierce Street will be detoured at 4th Avenue to Taylor Street.
- Northbound traffic on Fillmore Street will be detoured at 7th Avenue to Buchanan Street.
- Eastbound traffic on 6th Avenue will have the option of detouring to the north at Polk Street or to the south at Taylor Street.
For more information or questions concerning this project, please call the City of Amarillo’s Capital Projects and Development Engineering department at (806) 378-9334.