Texas Ranks 6th in the Nation For Teenage Drinking and Driving
A new study has been released, and the news isn't good. According to this study, Texas ranks high when it comes to teenage drinking and driving.
According to the research, Texas ranks 6th in the nation when it comes to teenage drinking and driving. Number one is Arkansas.
This is what the study found out about Texas:
- Teens who drove when they had been drinking: 7.1%
- Teens who rode with a driver who had been drinking: 20.8%
- Teens who drank alcohol: 26.8%
- Adults who drove after having too much to drink: 4.3%
- Drunk driving deaths: 5.2 per 100k people
The study also states that, "States with larger shares of high school students who drink and drive tend to have more drunk driving deaths per capita."
Now for the good news. Teenage alcohol use is actually down, and has been declining for some time. This doesn't mean, however, that underage alcohol use and drunk driving are not a problem.
For more information, and a more detailed analysis of the report, you can follow this link.