The Cat in the Hat Coming to Amarillo
The legendary Dr. Seuss’ most beloved character is making his way around the Texas Panhandle.
I remember every night when I was a kid my and my sister would make my dad read us a Dr. Suess book every night before I could sleep. I could probably recite most of the books to this day if you asked. That is why I was low-key excited a few years ago when PBS came out with the award-winning TV show "The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That!" In true PBS form, it has an educational undertone focusing on science and math for kids in pre-school.
Now the TV Show and Books are coming to life! The Cat in the Hat will make many appearances all over the next week.
- Storytelling at Amarillo Public Library: On February 3rd at the Downtown Library you can bring the kiddos to come to listen to The Cat in the Hat tell stories and take pictures for free!
- Storytelling at Killgore Memorial Library in Dumas: Don't worry Dumas! The Cat in the Hat will be having the same storytelling event on February 6.
- Family Night at McDonald's: On February 7 you can have dinner as a family at the McDonald's on Teckla in Amarillo from 6 to 7:30 p.m and take pictures with our favorite cat
- Amarillo Bulls Night: On February 8th you can hit the ice with The Cat in the Hat! He will make an appearance at the public skate from 5-6 and do a meet and greet from 6-7. You may even see Melissa Bartlett from Mix 94.1!
- Photos at Panhandle-Plains: February 9th will be the last day to catch the cat. He will be at the High Plains Historical Museum in Canyon.