Amarillo Road Construction: Know Before You Go This Week
Even while practicing social distancing, we still have to get out and about around town. Yes, that also means that roadwork continues throughout the Texas panhandle. Each week, TxDOT releases a list of projects and areas to avoid. Here is this week's list of proposed roadwork projects:
- The right and center lanes on I-27 northbound will be closed from 45th Avenue to 26th Avenue for patching repairs. As work progresses, anticipate intermittent ramp closures.
- Various lanes will be closed on Amarillo Boulevard and I-27 for erosion control and drainage issues.
- Crews will be cleaning and repairing drains on the I-40 bridge decks in both directions from Soncy Road to Eastern Street. The right shoulders will be closed, where possible, for the safety of our crews.
- Watch for slow-moving operations on I-40, I-27, and the downtown interchange for herbicide operations.
- Crews will be patching the left lanes of Western Street between State Loop (SL) 335 and Amarillo Boulevard on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 28 and 29.
- Expect shoulder closures in both directions of SL 335 between Northside Drive and Eastern Street for culvert cleaning and upgrading.
- As our contractor continues to install crash walls in various locations along I-40, expect the following work-related closures:
- Various shoulder closures from Westline Road to County Road 40 for repair of bridge components.
- The County Road 47 bridge over I-40 will be reduced to one lane. Expect flaggers in this area.
- The Sundown overpass at I-27 will continue to be reduced to one lane at various times throughout the week. Flaggers will be in place while work is in progress.
- Watch for left lane closures in various locations on US 87 between Central Avenue and 24th Avenue for guardrail and mow strip installation.
- On I-40 westbound, the shoulder will be closed from the Carson County line to FM 1912 for cable barrier tensioning.
- On US 60, expect various lane closures in both directions for bridge joint repair and installation of a mow strip.
All projects are subject to change due to weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.