Downtown May Be Slow Down this Week
It's still a sea of orange cones and road closures. Here's this week's lane closures and road construction updates.
This Week's Construction:
- At the downtown interchange (I-27 & I-40), road shoulders will be closed at times as crews finish tree and shrub removal.
- US 87 in downtown, be prepared for lane closures both north- and southbound as crews work on tree and shrub removal in the areas of Fillmore, Buchanan, Pierce and Taylor streets.
New Construction - I-27 and Hollywood Rd.
- In preparation for reconstruction of the intersection of I-27 and Hollwyood Road, the left lanes of north and southbound I-27 will be closed from Bell Street to Sundown Lane for construction of crossovers.
- As construction continues to make Loop 335 a 4-lane freeway, construction on the frontage roads begin today, as does reconstruction of the interchange at I-27 and Hollywood Road.
- The process will begin with construction of two crossovers on I-27 that will stretch from just north of Sundown Lane to just south of Bell Street. Motorists can expect lane closures as work on this portion of the project begins. The construction is expected to last 2 months, before they start the reconstruction process of the bridges at I-27 and Hollywood Road.
Loop 335 & Hollywood
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Washington Street to I-27, the frontage road speed limit is 45 mph. The main lanes speed limit is 60 mph from Western Street to the east; there are locations with a posted 45 mph work zone speed limit.
I-27 & 26th Avenue Bridge
- I-27 southbound is reduced to two lanes from 26th Avenue to 34th Avenue.
- I-27 southbound frontage road is reduced to one lane from 26th Avenue to 34th Avenue.
- Shoulder is closed on I-27 southbound from the 26th Avenue exit ramp to the 26th Avenue bridge so crews can work on the retaining wall.
- Direct connector bridge from I-40 eastbound to I-27 southbound is closed.
I-40 Bridge Replacement & Soncy Enhancements (Soncy/SL 335)
- SL 335 may have lane closures from Westgate Pkwy to BI-40 to work on concrete medians, reducing traffic to one lane both north- and southbound.
- Interstate traffic traveling westbound is shifted to the south with one lane over the Soncy bridge.
Bell Street Bridge Replacement (at Interstate 40)
- Eastbound frontage road is reduced to one lane through the Bell Street intersection.
- I-40 is reduced to two lanes in each direction until the completion of the project.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Ross/Arthur)
- Outside right lanes of I-40 eastbound are closed.
- Eastbound I-40 exit for Quarter Horse/Nelson Street is closed. Motorists should use the exit at Ross Street or Grand Street.
- Left lane of the eastbound I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Outside right lanes on I-40 westbound are closed.
- On-ramp at westbound I-40 and Ross/Arthur is closed. Use the detour directing westbound frontage road traffic down to Arthur Street onto the eastbound frontage road over to the Grand Street turnaround. Use the I-40 westbound Grand Street on-ramp for to enter I-40 westbound.
- On-ramp at westbound I-40 and Quarter Horse Drive is closed. Use the detour directing westbound frontage road traffic under I-40 at Nelson Street to the eastbound frontage road over to the Grand Street turnaround. Use the westbound I-40 Grand Street on-ramp to enter I-40 westbound.
- Left lane of the westbound I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Right lanes of Arthur Street at I-40 are closed in both directions.