Expect Major Slow Downs on East I-40
If you are traveling near Whitaker, Lakeside, Pullman and Eastern, prepare yourself for some major slow downs over the next few months as bridge work continues on these areas of I-40.
- Monday,the I-40 westbound frontage road and the west to eastbound turnaround at Georgia Street will be closed for concrete work.
- Wednesday, Aug. 29, the left and center lanes on I-27 northbound will be closed from 45th Avenue to Washington Street for patching repairs.
- SL 335 (Hollywood Road) will be closed under I-27 from 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 30 to 6 a.m. Friday, Aug. 31. for bridge work. Traffic will detour using Sundown Lane for eastbound traffic and Bell Street for westbound traffic.
- Watch for various lane closures on Airport Boulevard as crews perform patching repairs on the I-40 westbound frontage road.
- Southbound left lane of the I-27 frontage road will be closed at the Bell Street exit for dead tree removal.
- I-40 Lane Closures at Whitaker Road, Lakeside Drive and Pullman Road
-Frontage roads (lane closures will remain for the next few months):
-Left lane of the eastbound frontage road is closed 3/4 of a mile east of Eastern Street to the Whitaker Road exit ramp.
-Left lane of the eastbound frontage road is closed 3/4 of a mile east of Whitaker Road to the Lakeside Drive exit ramp.
- I-40 (eastbound and westbound lane closures will remain the same for the next six months):
-Eastbound I-40 is reduced to two lanes from Eastern Street to the I-40/US 287 interchange.
-Westbound I-40 is reduced to two lanes from a half mile east of Pullman Road to a half mile west of Pullman.
-Left lane of the I-27 southbound frontage road will be closed from 26th Avenue to 34th Avenue during the day to allow crews to safely work on the slope.
- Various lanes will be closed on Amarillo Boulevard from Taylor Street to Buchanan Street for work on ADA-compliant sidewalks and ramps.
As always, slow down in construction zones and stay safe.