More Construction Coming Our Way!
We still have to deal with construction, and it looks like more construction will be coming soon! Amarillo just received funding of $105.5 million for more work on roads. Here's this week's construction update.
- Various lane closures on Interstate 40 from Helium Road to Adkinson Road in both directions Monday through Thursday for fog seal operations.
- Right lane of I-27 will be closed in both directions from 45th Avenue to 26th Avenue Monday through Friday for patching and shoulder repair.
- Be aware of slow-moving herbicide operations on both I-27 and I-40 Monday through Friday.
- Friday, April 7, expect the following closures for cable barrier repair:
Left lane of I-27 southbound at Rockwell Road
Left lane of I-40 westbound at Adkinson Road.
US 60 Downtown:
- Northbound thru traffic on I-27 will be detoured to Fillmore Street.
- Buchanan Street will be closed to thru traffic between 8th and 6th avenues.
- Fillmore Street will be down to two lanes between 4th and 8th avenues.
- Expect intermittent one lane closures during the daytime throughout the week at the following locations:
Pierce Street at 6th Avenue
Fillmore at 6th Avenue
10th Ave at Buchanan Street
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Various lane closures will occur on LP 335 between 34th Avenue and I-40 for the next few weeks while Atmos Energy relocates a gas line.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- Due to bridge demolition, the Arthur Street underpass at I-40 will remain closed until April 6.
- Outside lanes of I-40 westbound and eastbound will be closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- Left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road will be closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- Outside lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road will be closed in the area of Osage Street.
- Left lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road between Wilson and Ross streets will be closed.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound also is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the center and right lane of I-27 south at the interchange as work continues on bridge construction.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- Circle Drive will be closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
Southbound traffic on Bell Street will be reduced to one lane from north of LP 335 to south of LP 335.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound Loop 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and Loop 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and Loop 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive has been permanently closed.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.