Mowing, Milling, and Coating – Here’s Your Lane Closures and Construction Update
With Summer in full swing, the weeds and grass will grow. Please keep and eye out for crews working on mowing this week and more.
- Right lane of Interstate 27 North from Hollywood Road to Hillside Road will be closed for mill and fill operations.
- Watch for crews working on a vegetation project on Interstate 40 East at Western Street. The right lane of the frontage road will be closed during this project.
- Various parts of the I-40 frontage roads will be closed in both directions from the Oldham County line to Bushland for seal coat operations.
I-40 Bridge Replacement (Soncy/Loop 335)
- I-40 underpass at Soncy (SL 335) will close at 7 p.m. on Friday, June 30 to set girders and will reopen Saturday, July 1 at 7 a.m.
- The right-turn only lane going northbound on Loop 335 to the I-40 frontage road is closed.
- Eastbound traffic traveling over Soncy Road on I-40 is shifted to the north, limiting traffic to one lane in each direction while bridge construction continues for the next several months.
- Westbound traffic is shifted to the south to one lane over the Soncy bridge.
I-40 Bridge Repair (Ross/Arthur)
- The westbound I-40 entrance ramp between Ross and Arthur streets is closed.
- The westbound I-40 entrance ramp between Nelson and Ross streets is closed.
- The eastbound I-40 exit ramp between Osage and Nelson streets is closed.
- The frontage road at Osage Street and I-40 eastbound is closed.
- The outside (right) lanes of I-40 westbound and eastbound are closed from Nelson Street to I-27.
- The left lane of the I-40 westbound frontage road is closed from Quarter Horse Drive to Arthur Street.
- The left lane of the I-40 eastbound frontage road is closed from Arthur Street to Quarter Horse Drive.
Downtown Connector (I-40 & I-27 Interchange)
- Left lane of the northbound I-27 frontage road is closed just north of the 26th Avenue exit for widening construction and other improvements.
- Ramp from 26th Avenue onto I-27 northbound is closed.
- Ongoing closure of the I-27 southbound frontage road (left lane) and the right lane of I-27 southbound at the interchange for continuing bridge construction work.
South Loop 335 (Hollywood):
- The traffic signal at the intersection of SL 335 and Bell Street will be removed today, Monday, June 26, allowing Loop traffic to travel without interruption. Motorists heading north on Bell Street can now expect to a Stop Sign control before turning onto the Loop.
- Washington Street to I-27, the speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in both directions.
- On-ramp from Washington Street to westbound LP 335 is temporally realigned for widening.
- Intersection of South Western Street and LP 335 is controlled by temporary traffic signals.
- Intersection of South Georgia Street and LP 335 has a four-way stop condition.
- Work continues on and along the shoulders from Washington Street to I-27.
- Access to Loop 335 at Olympia Drive is permanently closed.
- Circle Drive is closed at LP 335 until the westbound frontage road can be opened to traffic.
- Access to Wilshire Drive, Valleyview Drive to the north and Lamount Drive will be closed at various times during the day.