Mostly Maintenance Closures Will Slow You Down this Week
Welcome to the start of a new work week and the start of school week. Lots of maintenance work going on this week. Just keep an eye out and be safe making your way through construction zones. As Wednesday rolls around be extra careful in school zones and areas around schools as our kids head back to school.
- Beginning Monday, Aug. 13, watch for seal coat crews on RM 1061 from US 385 to BI-40 (Amarillo Boulevard). This work should take two to three days to perform during daytime hours. Please slow down and watch for loose gravel
- Various lanes will be closed on I-40 in each direction between US 287 and the Carson County line from Monday through Thursday, Aug 13 – 16, to back fill dirt along the edges of the roadway.
- I-27 northbound, the right lane will be closed from Washington Street to 26th Avenue on Monday, Aug. 13, for shoulder repair.
- I-27 frontage roads, various lanes will be closed in the area of 45th Avenue for sidewalk repairs.
- Expect various lane closures along the I-40 frontage roads in both directions between Eastern Street and Coulter Road while crews perform erosion control on the slopes.
- Amarillo Boulevard, there will be various lane closures from Taylor Street to Buchannan Street as work on ADA-compliant ramps continues.
- State Loop 335 at FM 1719 (Western Street), the entrance and exit ramps will be closed at various times throughout the week for mill and fill operations.
As always, slow down in work zones. Also, be careful and extra cautious in school zones and areas around schools as our kids head back to school.