The Most Important Party of the Year is Happening in Amarillo, But It’s Not What You Think
Parties are awesome! When you think parties, you think dancing, food, drinks and fun. That's your typical party.
However, other parties take place that are just as important as a birthday, anniversary, or celebration parties. Some parties can save your life. This particular party is designed to do just that, save your life. You don't want to miss,
The Mammo Party
You may be asking yourself, "the what party?"
The Mammo Party is an annual event hosted by the BSA Harrington Breast Center. It's a party to give women in the Amarillo area a chance to schedule their annual mammogram.
According to BreastCancer.org:
- Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer among U.S. women. Each year, about 30% of all newly diagnosed cancers in women are breast cancer.
- Approximately 13% (about one in eight) of U.S. women are going to develop invasive breast cancer in the course of their life.
- In 2023, an estimated 297,790 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in U.S. women, along with 55,720 new cases of DCIS.
- In 2023, an estimated 2,800 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to be diagnosed in men. A man’s lifetime risk of breast cancer is about 1 in 833.
- There are currently more than four million women with a history of breast cancer in the United States. This includes women currently being treated and women who have finished treatment.
- In the United States, less than 1% of all breast cancers occur in men.
The event will take place Saturday, November 18 from 8 am - 12 noon at the BSA Harrington Breast Center, 1310 Wallace Blvd.
If you are a woman 40 years of age or older you are encouraged to sign up for a mammogram. You can sign up here or call 806-212-1905.
There is nothing worse than getting a bra that doesn't fit. Wouldn't it be great to finally know what your bra size really is, well, Dillard's will be on hand to offer certified bra fittings. Special guests from Kendra Scott along with Panhandle Breast Health will also be involved in all the fun.
“Mammo Party brings first-class breast cancer screenings in a fun environment,” said Curtis Reneau, Director of the BSA Harrington Breast Center. “Research shows mammograms save lives, and we want to encourage the women in our community to get screened annually.”
During the event, BSA Harrington Breast Center will be showing off the new 3D Mobile Mammography Coach. This new coach is cutting-edge screening technology that can travel to different communities throughout the area.
10 Of the Easiest Calorie Burning Activities to Stay Healthy in The Fall
Gallery Credit: JD Knight
7 Healthy Habits to Make Life Better
Gallery Credit: Kat Carpenter
Top 10 Healthiest States
Gallery Credit: Cort Freeman